This online course is conducting by the iHUB DivyaSampark at IIT Roorkee, A joint initiative of the Government of India, Department of Science & Technology, and IIT Roorkee.
For more details about iHUB DivyaSampark, please visit: tih.iitr.ac.in
A blockchain is, in the simplest of terms, a time-stamped series of an immutable record of data that is managed by a cluster of computers not owned by any single entity. Each of these blocks of data (i.e. block) is secured and bound to each other using cryptographic principles (i.e. chain). The blockchain network has no central authority. It is the very definition of a democratized system. Since it is a shared and immutable ledger, the information in it is open for anyone and everyone to see. Hence, anything that is built on the blockchain is by its very nature transparent and everyone involved is accountable for their actions.
The objective of the Course
- Introduction to the concepts of blockchain and its platforms as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger and Multichain.
- Overview of the structure and mechanism of blockchain.
- Learn about how smart contracts are developed using solidity.
- Learn about how to deploy a business network using Hyperledger compose.
Benefits and Outcomes of the Course
- Understand the structure of a blockchain and why/when it is better than a simple.
- Distributed database, analyze the incentive structure in a blockchain-based system.
- Evaluate the setting where a blockchain-based structure may be applied.
- Understand what constitutes a smart contract, what are its legal implications and what it can and cannot do.
- Attain awareness of the new challenges that exist in monetizing businesses around blockchains and smart contracts.
- Describe and understand the differences between the most prominent blockchain structures and permission blockchain service providers.